What is marketing automation?
Marketing automation refers to a category of technology that’s designed to streamline and automate repetitive marketing activities.
Today’s marketing automation technologies are typically cloud-based, and focus on introducing efficiencies to a company’s efforts across their website, email, social media, customer relationship management, sales, and performance measurement.
What does marketing automation do, exactly?
Most marketing automation technologies are robust – they offer a wide range of features that help many different types of businesses.
As the owner of a surgical practice, the following features can make the biggest impact on your organization:
- Email Campaigns & Broadcasts
- Contact Patients After Specific Actions
- Contact Management & Segmentation
- Web Form Creation
- Lead Scoring
- Landing Page Creation
- Email Templates
- Automate Processes
- Business Opportunity Management
For example, let’s say you want to create a special offer for patients who you have not seen in over 6 months. Maybe the offer is a 20% off coupon for an elective cosmetic procedure.
With marketing automation, you can create a marketing campaign that:
- Pulls in all patients with a ‘Last Appointment” date greater than 6 months
- Creates a coupon download form
- Notifies you when a coupon is downloaded
- Sends an automated email for scheduling one a coupon is downloaded
- Follows up with patients who have not downloaded the coupon
Think about how long that would take you with your current marketing infrastructure, and how many employees would need to be involved. With marketing automation, it would take less than 30 minutes to kick off this campaign.
When do you need marketing automation?
Marketing automation grows in importance and necessity as your organization expands and marketing efforts mature. Surgical practices greatly benefit from introducing marketing automation when they want to:
- Generate and qualify leads on a more consistent basis.
- Better understand what content patients and prospective patients are interested in and engage with.
- Improve their ability to nurture patients who are not quite ready to move forward with a procedure.
- Increase repeat visits and procedures from their existing patient base.
- Increase team productivity without taking on additional headcount.
- Improve patient communication and follow-up.
- Personalize patient communication.
Who offers marketing automation?
With hundreds of marketing automation providers out there, knowing where to start your search is important. Our shortlist of marketing automation providers for surgical practices includes Infusionsoft, Marketo, Hubspot and Eloqua, with Infusionsoft being our favorite.
We like Infusionsoft best for two reasons:
- It’s a holistic solution. With Infusionsoft, you get marketing automation, customer relationship management, sales automation, and analytics all under one roof. It’s a tremendous value and it will save your team time and energy compared to using disparate tools.
- It’s built with you in mind. Infusionsoft is a holistic solution built specifically for small and midsize businesses (which is the category that most private practices fall under). This means every feature the company creates is specifically designed for businesses just like yours, and this is evident in how intuitive and customizable the platform is.
Kospath is an Infusionsoft Certified Partner. For more information about the platform, check out our capabilities section.
What does marketing automation cost?
Marketing automation for surgical practices varies. Entry-level pricing typically begins around $100 per month, and in most cases, your investment scales up based on the number of users, contacts and product features (such as e-commerce services, or integrations) needed.
What marketing automation can mean for your surgical practice.
If your surgical practice wants to get serious about attracting, nurturing and converting new patients, marketing automation is a must. Leveraging a tool such as Infusionsoft, Hubspot or Marketo will enable you to automate time-intensive tasks like lead follow-up, content personalization, patient testimonial/review requests, practice announcements, lead nurturing, appointment confirmations and reminders, lead scoring, and much, much more.
Regardless of what industry you’re in, the best marketing teams use automation to streamline efforts and increase marketing ROI.
Interested in learning more about what marketing automation can mean for your business?
Contact Kospath Digital today by filling out our quick contact form or by calling 877.846.5768.